The Northeast Forest Network (NFN), our sister network which is also coordinated by Highstead Foundation, is excited to launch the STAND UP FOR FORESTS campaign and wants to invite you to investigate our new website and the Forests Make Us Healthier messaging toolkit.
We consider protecting and stewarding forests, trees, and green spaces as the most important things we can do to mitigate the impacts of climate change in the Northeast. With your help we can expand our reach and urge all of our professional and personal communities to stand up and take action.
What is the STAND UP FOR FORESTS campaign?
In light of COVID-19 and a steadily warming planet, this grassroots campaign is aimed at creating immediate support to protect the forests that are protecting us all. We are organizing a coordinated effort with all of our partners to publicly launch this campaign the week of September 21st.
As part of this, NFN just released its first toolkit, Forests Make Us Healthier. It contains all of the communications assets you and your organization and RCP may need to amplify messages about the personal connections between forests and our health and wellbeing. The toolkit includes social media posts, infographics, images, data points, fact sheets, and email templates that you can use to reach out to your community of members, supporters, and partners.
What ACTIONS can you and your members take right now?
○ Commit to amplifying the message that protecting forests from development and managing them well are the most important things we can do to mitigate the impacts of climate change in the Northeast while:
■ protecting clean air and water,
■ enhancing our health,
■ growing our economy,
■ and building more resilient communities.
○ This message should be based on policies that
■ encourage smart, responsible land development, and
■ value and consider the most historically excluded neighborhoods when making land conservation and land use decisions.
○ Join us for the public launch the week of September 21st by planning now to use toolkit assets in your emails, newsletters, and social media platforms for that week.
○ Forward this information to all your partner and network members and partner organizations.
○ Share messages and resources on all of your social channels using the hashtag #StandUpforForests. Tell the world why you Stand Up for Forests!
○ Identify other amplifiers and forward this message!
○ Here’s a post you can use right now!
○ Check out the recording of the Stand Up For Forests Information Session (passcode: P4Xd%Ym@) that took place on Wednesday, Sept. 9.
○ Choose to join the Northeast Forest Network and the Stand Up For Forests Campaign and be recognized on our website
○ Share the message widely that one thing people can do to make a difference is to support their local land conservation organization by making a donation or volunteering their time.
Thank you for your partnership and action, and please feel free to reach out to me with any questions and comments.
The Northeast Forest Network is a growing coalition of conservationists and advocates across New England and New York dedicated to furthering forest conservation, protecting clean air and water, enhancing wildlife habitats, and supporting local communities and economies. Join us.
Photo credit: Eagle Eye Institute. 2019