Current and Potential Sources of Funding for RCPs
Funding for Coordination, Education and Outreach, Strategic Conservation Planning, and Organizational Development
- RCP Climate-Resilient Biodiversity Conservation Planning Grant Program— Modest grants for GIS mapping and technical assistance from Highstead and Harvard Forest staff. Contact Bill Labich at email@example.com for more information
- RCP Peer Exchange Program—Small grants to facilitate RCPs learning from other RCPs. Contact Hallie Schwab at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Northeastern Area State and Private Forestry (S&PF) Landscape-Scale Restoration—US Forest Service program that funds projects that help meet priorities within State Forest Action Plans
- Long Island Sound Futures Fund—National Fish and Wildlife Foundation grants for projects that “secure clean water and healthy watersheds, restore thriving habitats and abundant wildlife, and engage the public in creating sustainable and resilient communities around the Long Island Sound Watershed.” 2018 RFP, Proposals due May 10, 2018
- New England Forests and Rivers Fund—National Fish and Wildlife Foundation funding for projects that “restore and sustain healthy forests and rivers that provide habitat for diverse native bird populations, as well as freshwater and diadromous fish populations.” 2018 RFP, Proposals due April 26, 2018
Land or Fee Easement Acquisition Capital
- Community Forest and Open Space Conservation Program—US Forest Service program that provides financial assistance for fee acquisition of community forests.
- Open Space Institute administers several funds and grant programs suitable for regional conservation partnerships. Check their grants page often for current requests for proposals.
- NRCS - Regional Conservation Partnership Program(RCPP)–Funds partnerships to provide conservation assistance to landowners and producers at regional or watershed-scales through four existing NRCS programs:
- Agricultural Conservation Easement Program (ACEP)
- Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP)
- Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP)
- Healthy Forest Reserve Program (HFRP)
The Long Island Sound Watershed RCPP's Agricultural Conservation Easement Program – Ag Land Easements (ACEP-ALE) 2018 grant round open to Vermont applicants in the Long Island Sound Watershed will award up to $300,000 for conservation easements on parcels up to 99% in forest. Apply March 12, 2018 – May 14, 2018. Contact Bill Labich email@example.com for more information.
Completed Grant Programs
- Investing in Regional Conservation: A Model from New England—Read about $1.1 million in support for Regional Conservation Partnerships committed over three years by the Jessie B. Cox Charitable Trust